What does Reclaiming mean?
In order to answer this question, I thought it pertinent to first turn to the dictionary for an official definition.
First, Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines Reclaim as:
1. to recall from wrong or improper conduct
2. to rescue from an undesirable state; also : to restore to a previous natural state
3. to demand or obtain the return of
4. to regain possession of
Additionally, dictionary.com defines Reclaim as:
1. to bring (uncultivated areas or wasteland) into a condition for cultivation or other use.
2. to recover (substances) in a pure or usable form from refuse, discarded articles, etc.
3. to bring back to a preferable manner of living, sound principles, ideas, etc.
Drawing from these definitions, two in particular stood out to me. First, reclaiming as a way "to rescue from an undesirable state," and, "to bring back to a preferable manner of living, sound principles, ideas, etc."
If I could reclaim anything in my life, it would be freedom from severe anxiety and a return to a place of peace, inner security, faith and vision.
What does the word "reclaim" mean to you? What would you reclaim if you had the choice?